The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed like never before the perils of governments handing over our right to health and life to corporations. The privatisation of our health has made millions of people vulnerable to infectious diseases and undermined the integrated public systems needed to coordinate an effective response.
• Susan George, President of the Transnational Institute and author of ‘Shadow Sovereigns: How Global Corporations are Seizing Power’ (2015).
• Kajal Bhardwaj, health and human rights lawyer, India
• Mark Heywood, Co-founder of Treatment Action Campaign, COVID-19 People’s Coalition, South Africa,
• Baba Aye, Health Officer, Public Services International (PSI)
• David Legge, People’s Health Movement representative
Moderator: Mónica Vargas (TNI)
The webinar was organised by: the Transnational Institute (TNI), in co-sponsorship with the Alternative Information & Development Centre (AIDC), South Africa, Focus on the Global South, Asia, the People’s Health Movement (PHM), Public Services International (PSI), RedLAM-Red Latinoamericoana Acceso a Medicamentos, ABIA-Brazilian AIDS Interdisciplinary Association, GTIP/Rebrip-Working Group on Intelectual Property, Geneva Global Health Hub (G2H2), Corporate Accountability International (CAI), and Global Justice Now (GJN).
More information on #tniwebinars: https://www.tni.org/en/webinars
You might also enjoy TNI’s podcast, State of Power.
Also available in: Spanish